Salary: £39,600 – £46,200*Including 10% non contractual London Weighting
Location: Head Office
Lidl House, 14 Kingston Road, Surbiton
KT5 9NU London
Contract: Full Time
Reference Number: 279450
This is making the most of every day.
Join us as an Assistant Team Manager and be part of a busy and vibrant team responsible for delivering a professional Payroll to our Hourly Paid colleagues in the UK business.
We are looking to recruit a proactive, organised, and reliable ATM to join our vibrant team, who will play a key role in technical and personnel management of the payroll team, who delivers professional Payroll Service to our Lidl UK colleagues, based in our Head Office.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring and further developing the payroll.
This opportunity will involve the responsibility of working to the highest standards whilst ensuring the timely and accurate administration of payroll is dealt with promptly and correctly according to company policies, procedures, and external statutory legislation.
We have moved to a fully flexible model of mobile working for appropriate Head Office and Regional roles, empowering our teams to choose how and where they work best. We feel it is important that, where possible, we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible and trust our teams to determine the right environments that work most effectively for them.
What you’ll do
- Lead your team, including responsibility for operational personnel matters (e.g. coordination of personnel requirements with the supervisor, recruitment, approval of employment contracts, disciplinary measures)
- Create suitable framework conditions (organisational, personnel) to ensure the fulfilment of tasks and the timely and economically efficient achievement of goals
- Agree on goals and delegation of tasks to employees, including transfer of scope for action.
- Ensure a positive and motivating working atmosphere as well as smooth, effective, and efficient cooperation
- Ensure compliance with applicable law and internal regulations
- Correct determination, checking and transfer of tax and social security relevant data
- Creation of payroll relevant certificates (annual overview, company car calculation, etc.)
- Ensuring completeness of the time management data in preparation of the payroll as well as the resulting documentation requirements
- Payroll preparation and follow-up activities
- Support payroll reporting
What you’ll need
- Sound knowledge and experience of payroll systems essential
- Experience in hourly paid colleague payroll is essential
- An excellent eye for detail with ability to detect errors
- Administrator and Management experience essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication delivered at all levels
- SAP HR experience desirable
- Intermediate level of MS Office, Excel and Word
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and prioritise and delegate workload effectively
- A dedicated team player and delegate where necessary
- Be motivated and proactive carrying out daily tasks
- Customer focussed with a ‘can-do’ approach to problem solving
- Able to handle difficult conversation with the team and with the colleagues, if need be.
- Awareness of CIPP and GDPR statutory guidance desired
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £39,600 with the potential to earn up to £46,200* (depending on experience) with 30 or 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
*includes 10% non-contractual London Weighting allowance
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.