Who are we?
We are Juniper Education, the leading provider of world-class pupil tracking software, training and professional services to more than 10,000 primary and secondary schools. We aim to enhance the effectiveness of schools and outcomes for learners.
Our award-winning services are proven to help with everything from pupil performance tracking to school finance budgeting, payroll, teacher training, education HR issues and school visits planning.
What’s the job?
We are looking for a Payroll Assistant to provide an efficient payroll bureau and pension administration service for a client-base of schools, ensuring staff are paid accurately and on a timely basis, schools receive monthly reporting and all monthly/year-end returns completed in accordance with HMRC and Pension schemes guidance.
Who are you?
You will have a strong understand of PAYE, NIC and Statutory Payments. You will be able to process payroll documentation from client schools to ensure accurate payroll records are established and maintained. You will undertake the role of client account manager and be the first point of contact for School Bursars and Business Managers.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To assist in updating and managing the Payroll Bureau database to ensure staff are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
- To assist in preparing the monthly data file of payment transactions in readiness for transmitting to BACS.
- To assist in producing monthly pre-payroll reports, monthly payroll reports, YTD payroll reports and monthly payslips and ensure all are delivered safely and securely to the clients.
- To liaise with external agencies and organisations e.g. Teacher Pensions, HMRC, Local Government Pension provider, Childcare Voucher Scheme providers etc.
- To assist in updating and maintaining the Payroll Bureau software ensuring that all enhancements are updated on a timely basis.
- To assist in ensuring that all Monthly RTI Submissions and Year-End returns are completed for client schools in accordance with HMRC timescales and guidelines.
- To resolve all client payroll queries within agreed service standards.
- To identify and attend suitable training and development opportunities to maintain an up to date working knowledge of payroll and pension administration, systems and procedures.
- Auto enrolment, re-enrolment and pension opt in / out processing
- To run the MDC extract, upload, investigate and resolve any queries.
- Complete LG returns, for starters/leavers/changes/estimates/retirements on a monthly basis, i-connect returns.
- During the prepay calculation stage run and check the Pension Report and Calculation Logs.
- Reconcile all TP monthly calculations for each client and upload completed TP returns each month.
- Investigate and resolve all general pension queries on a timely basis.
- Produce the End of Year LG Pension Report each year to deadline.
- Reconcile the monthly TP information for each school in readiness for End of Year Certificates and ensure any discrepancies are resolved in-year.
- Produce the TP EOYC summaries for Academies annually during April – June.
- Resolve all TP EOYC queries from Accountants/Academies/LA during May – September.
- Provide an administration service to other pension schemes if required.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as are reasonably requested by the Line Manager.
Experience and Skills?
- Minimum of 2 years payroll experience with a strong understanding of PAYE, NIC and Statutory Payments
- Start to end experience of payroll journey
- Customer focused
- Team player
- CIPP qualification desirable
- Education payroll experience desirable
- Excellent Excel experience
If you would like to apply please forward your CV to Georgia.firstname.lastname@example.org