PwC employs over 20,000 people in the UK and has a multi-million pound payroll managed by our outsourced partner. We have recently implemented Workday Payroll and are successfully progressing through our first year of the payroll lifecycle.
The People Operations and Outsourcing team is responsible for the delivery and relationship management of the payroll service provided by our outsourced partner. As a result, we have a need for an experienced manager to lead our outsourced relationship, whilst ensuring we maximise the potential of Workday Payroll and satisfy the requirements of our internal stakeholders. Workday skills are essential for this role.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively manage stakeholder relationships with our outsourced provider team, PwC IT and other IT teams, PwC Pensions team, Financial Control, Internal Audit, Firm’s Tax and other internal teams
- Be an escalation point for our internal stakeholders and outsourced provider team
- Be responsible for ensuring Payroll governance is executed and the structure is maintained.
- Working with internal stakeholders and our provider to continuously identity opportunities for improvement and simplification, while also enabling the use of our technology solutions.
- Ensuring any risks to the monthly payroll cycle identified within BAU are mitigated, any additional controls steps identified and lessons learnt.
- Experience of working with and managing relationships with outsourced payroll providers
- Experience of working with Workday Payroll
- Experience of working with multi-million pound payroll
- Strong relationship management skills
- Resilient under pressure, able to deliver under tight deadlines and manage a varied workload
- Self-starter, happy to work without supervision as well as part of a team
- Comfortable with complexity and able to explain complex issues/concepts in a simple way
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people across all levels of seniority and technical experience.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.