Payroll Supervisor Full Time
St Joseph’s Hospice was founded in 1905 by the Religious Sisters of Charity and as such it has a rich, Catholic heritage which informs our work today: to support and welcome those in need, from all different cultures, religions and backgrounds.
We provide high quality specialist palliative care for patients with cancer and other life-threatening conditions across East and North London. We have a large team of clinical staff who work across community, in-patient and out-patient services delivering individualised, responsive and holistic support to patients and their families/carers.
Our Payroll Supervisor is the in-house specialist for all payroll pensions and benefits questions and queries. It is a standalone role within the wider HR team, delivering payroll and pension’s services to the 400+ staff of the Hospice.
The post holder should have the ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment, and should demonstrate a positive attitude and an empathetic and patient personality, together with great organisational skills and forensic attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have
- PPM (Institute of Payroll & Pensions Management) Team Management in the Pensions/Payroll Office Certificate or equivalent experience required
- Experience of working in an NHS Payroll & Pensions Department with demonstrable knowledge of the NHS Pension, Royal London Pension Scheme and Auto Enrolment legislation
- Strong knowledge of Salary Sacrifice schemes including Childcare vouchers, and Cycle to Work
- Excellent team working skills are required, working as part of the HR Team to deliver the highest quality service to all of our employees
- Expert knowledge of payroll procedures and processes
- Experience using Computerised Payroll System and expenses system
- Work closely with our payroll bureau PBS
- An organised and flexible approach, ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE*
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply