Band 5 Senior Staff Benefits Officer Full Time
“Defined by our people”
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) is recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Operating across multiple sites, including Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Solihull Hospital and Community Services, Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham Chest Clinic, our commitment to our 22,000 staff is to create the best place for them to work, which is why we are dedicated to:
- Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can;
- Being a Stonewall Diversity Champion, aiming to achieve positive change for LGBTQ+ staff and patients;
- Being a disability confident employer and in line with the disability confident scheme guarantee an interview for all disabled applicants where they meet the essential criteria;
- Making reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process for those with a physical or hidden disabilities, including those who are neuro-diverse;
- Working with marginalised groups, such as those from BAME backgrounds, to increase representation, facilitate positive action and promote anti-racist practice throughout the Trust;
- Offering our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, access to mentors and peer support groups to support their personal and career development objectives.
We are a leading provider of healthcare with an regional, national and international reputation providing cutting edge healthcare.
All correspondence will be sent by email; please check your account regularly including your Junk/SPAM folders
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Staff Benefits Officer to join a forward-thinking Benefits & Expenses team within our Payroll Department. The post-holder will be responsible for the delivery of a high-quality pay and reward service to our staff.
The Trust has recently implemented a new Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra Low Emission Vehicles; Reporting to the Expenses and Benefits Team leader, the post-holder will be responsible for the day to day operation of the new car scheme, other car schemes for our payroll customers as well as providing supervisory support to the Benefits and Expenses Team.
The role requires technical knowledge/ understanding of the reporting requirements to HMRC and the ability to perform complex manual benefit in kind (BIK) calculations. Excellent time management, workload planning and experience of liaising with customers to resolve complex queries and issues are also essential.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, numerate, have excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of HMRC legislation applicable to Staff Benefits/Expenses.
The post will require the use of many IT systems and applications including Microsoft Office, ESR payroll system as well as general ledger systems. We are looking for candidates who are motivated, committed and want to work in an environment where they can make an impact. If this is you please apply for this exciting role.
All posts involving access to persons in receipt of health services will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us; this will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances of your offences.
Staff recruited from outside of the NHS will usually be appointed at the bottom of the pay band.
Successful candidates will be automatically enrolled onto the Trust staff bank UHB+.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement.
For further advice, please visit Applying from overseas.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply