Director of Finance Full Time
Benenden Hospital require a Director of Finance, with a proven track record of leading a multi-million pound Finance team.
TN17 4AX, Cranbrook
Director of Finance, Corporate Planning & Performance
Salary Â£competitive + car allowance
Permanent Full-Time contract
Benenden Hospital is an independent hospital with charitable status which has been providing quality healthcare for patients in beautiful surroundings in the Weald of Kent since 1907. The hospital charity is supported by the Friendly Society whose members receive not-for-profit care for affordable subscriptions. The Hospital also provides services to NHS and private patients and has significant ambition to grow within the self-pay private sector.
Our multi-million-pound redevelopment means we can offer first class services in an amazing, modern environment. With an Outstanding CQC rating and a Silver award in Investors in People, you can be confident you are joining an industry leading team.
Reporting into the Hospital Director, the role is a member of the Hospital Executive and will provide direction and be accountable for all financial matters relating to the Hospital.
The main responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Responsibility for all aspects of financial management at the Hospital
- Lead the development of the Hospitalâs business strategy and planning
- Manage financial risk and governance
- Ensure investments represent value for money
- Lead the development of financial, performance and procurement resources at the Hospital
- In cooperation with the Hospital Director, ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the organisationâs financial decision making
- Provide advice to the Board of Governors on financial issues which arise and are outside the agreed boundaries of management authority
- Contribute and oversee the preparation of the Hospitalâs statutory annual accounts and ensure their timely submission to the Charity Commission and to any other accountable bodies
The successful candidate will have the qualification and experience:
- Qualified Accountant or accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Strategic experience gained within a commercial background.
- Ability to communicate well with staff and stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering detailed presentations and presenting convincing arguments.
- Experience of setting, working towards and delivering targets.
- An ability to switch between strategic matters and operational matters.
- Minimum ten years post qualification experience.
- Experience of computerised accounting systems.
- Previous work experience of payroll management and staff management.
It would also be beneficial to have a Business Degree (or equivalent), and Project Management experience within the Healthcare sector.If you believe that you have the above experience and skills, are a strong problem solver, innovative and commercially aware, we would be very pleased to hear from you.Â Please apply via the email address:email@example.comOr alternatively contact Derrick Howard (Recruitment Officer) on 01580 857368 or Gordon Boyd (Finance Director) on 01580 857408
The closing date for this position is:Â 3rdÂ June 2020Benenden Hospital offer a comprehensive remuneration package, details of which can be found on our website www.benendenhospital.org.uk
Together, we work hard to maintain a safe, comfortable, patient-focused environment for the people in our care.
All our vacancies are subject to either a Standard or an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as satisfactory reference checks. These procedures need to be completed before a new member of staff can join the hospital.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of Benenden Hospital Trust, of the types of data we process about you. Please visit ourÂ Careers pageÂ to read our Privacy Notice.