Deputy Head of Payroll and Pensions Full Time
Deputy Head of Payroll and Pensions
North Kent Police Station
£37,941 – £40,926
Permanent, Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to undertake the role of Deputy Head of Payroll and Pensions. Based at North Kent Police station, there will be some requirement to travel between Chelmsford and Maidstone. As part of an on-going programme of collaboration between Kent and Essex Police, you will assist the Head of Payroll and Pensions to provide a focal point, direction, support and advice in all areas of Payroll and Pensions for the two forces. You will be a member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) or equivalent body and will ideally hold a CIPP qualification at level 5 or above. You will be educated ideally to degree level with at least GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
You will line-manage the Payroll and Pension team and manage the day to day running of Payroll and Pensions for the two forces, providing specialist advice, guidance and interpretation on pay, pension, taxation and related legislative matters in order to provide an efficient and cost effective payroll service.
You will be able to demonstrate significant experience of operating at a supervisory level with responsibility for managing and developing a small team in a similar role within a large organization. You will also have a minimum of 3 years payroll and pensions experience.
You will support the Head of Payroll and Pensions in the delivery of the payroll service. You will help to manage, maintain and develop the payroll, expenses and overtime system to ensure its accuracy, relevance and security of data in line with changes to regulations, policy and statistical requirements such as Home Office and pension returns. Therefore good working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft products such as Word and Excel are essential.
Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills will be key in this role as you will act as a Force expert on payroll and pensions queries. A good knowledge of both the Local Government Pension Scheme and the Police Pension Scheme would be a distinct advantage
The successful candidate will be able to evidence the following essential skills in their application in no more than 1500 words.
- Experience of previous senior position in payroll and pensions – minimum 3 years
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals or equivalent
- Proven supervisory experience
- Expert in the use of one or more Microsoft Office products including Excel, working knowledge of SAP desirable
- Evidence of strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of LPGS and Police Pension Schemes.
This position may be suitable for part time or flexible working, subject to continuity and resourcing being achieved.
This post is deemed to be a ‘designated’ post which means that you will be subject to Management Vetting as per Essex Police policy.
For further information about the role, please contact the Business Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply for this position on our online recruitment system by clicking here
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV and a covering letter
Email My Details
Most Recent Jobs
- Senior Payroll Administrator London & The South East
- Pay & Reward Advisor London & The South East
- Deputy Head of Payroll and Pensions London & The South East
- International Payroll Analyst London & The South East
- Payroll, Benefits & Systems Specialist London & The South East
- Payroll Consultant London & The South East