Events and Training Administrator Full Time
Title: Events and Training Administrator
Reports to: Events and training executive
Date: April 2023
The purpose of this job is to support the events and training team in the delivery of CIPP’s events to a high and professional standard and provide central travel and administration support to other departments of the CIPP.
- The post holder affects several hundred event delegates, students and tutors
- The post holder affects internal and external trainers
- The post holder affects external suppliers
- The post holder affects the CIPP’s events, include flagship events such as the Annual Conference and Exhibition and Graduation ceremony
- Source and execute travel and accommodation requests for whole of CIPP conforming with the relevant policies, sourcing the most cost effective and suitable options and maintaining a financial record of bookings and spend, including Oyster card top ups and distribution
- Build online webinars for CIPP and external sponsor events via event platform (currently WebinarJam)
- Produce final administration for events from badges, networking lists, registration lists, chairs folders and speaker biography sheets
- Assist with all necessary administration to process delegate registrations for both events and training courses, from initial booking through issue of request for funds and reconciliation of payment via credit card or invoice payments
- Produce joining details and relevant communications to delegates in a timely manner
- Produce and monitor feedback analysis for all event delegates
- To assist the marketing team
- To attend events and carry out duties as agreed with the events and training executive including setting up equipment, registering delegates and liaising with the venue
- To participate as necessary in other tasks as required
- To send out delegate communication using the online platform
- Source suppliers and vendors for CIPP events from chartered member gifts and table centrepieces
- Manage and prioritise own tasks and respond to urgent requests within company guidelines
The above are to be carried out within budget constraints and to pre-defined timescales and quality standards.
The post holder will be required, on occasions, to travel, work weekends and spend occasional nights away from home to support events.
This role is a team member position and is key along with all other team members, to the fundamental purpose of providing administration support to all CIPP business areas.
The post holder operates as part of a team and liaises closely with peers at the same level, as well as with team leaders, managers and members of the senior management team.
What drives the role?
The post holder is required to organise his/her own workload and pace to meet the requirements of the role combined with the overall plan of timelines for events, including short courses, joint initiatives, and conferences.
In addition, monthly and weekly deadlines must be met as well as leaving space for ad hoc requirements and organisational crises.
The post holder abides by policies and procedures as set by the senior management of the Company and operates within these boundaries. He/she also operates within the scope of the accredited Quality Standards – ISO 9001.
Nature and scope of working relationships
Working relationships exist from the CEO of the organisation through all levels of staff to contract staff, students and delegates. Accurate communication in this position, as is the case with all team members, is vital as information needs to be correct to enable a successful service.
It is also necessary to build and maintain internal relationships throughout the business. Key internal stakeholders for this role include:
- Events and training executive
- Events Manager
- Senior management team
- Board of non-executive directors
- Students and delegates
- Suppliers and contractors
- Tutors and trainers
- Internal staff
The post also requires the ability to build and maintain external relationships with suppliers, customer organisations and trainers through written/verbal communication and to receive and provide a good level of product/service.
The post holder is required to assist in all areas of the total business as required to cover busy periods, sickness and authorised and unauthorised leave.
The main challenge is to provide a constant professional image for the organisation and to meet all deadlines to time and quality.
Skills, knowledge and attributes
The post holder will need to be IT literate to a good standard, which should include working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
The post holder will need to have sound communication skills, organisational skills and an ability to manage complete organisational projects. They must have good attention to detail and take pride in the work they produce.
The post holder will need to be flexible, willing, proactive, tenacious, organised, and professional.
- Demonstrate a desire to take the business forward
- Not easily deflected by obstacles in his/her path
- Set clear and challenging goals for self
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Share information to develop and maintain relationships
- Deal with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Find the most effective and time-saving ways to solve problems
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
Our Values and Mission Statement
- Teamwork: We work together to achieve our goals and objectives to the benefit of the payroll and pensions communities
- Communication: Clear, open and transparent communication with all. To communicate payroll and pensions knowledge with authority
- Trust and honesty: We trust our colleagues and provide a safe environment for honesty within the working environment
- The continuous pursuit of excellence: We actively seek feedback and, on a continuous basis review our ways of working to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to the payroll and pension communities, and to our colleagues
- Professionalism: We will always act ethically, with courtesy and respect, listen to views other than our own and put forward ideas in a positive and constructive manner
- Our Mission Statement: “Supporting and developing payroll and pension professionals through education, membership and recognition”
These form part of the fabric of our organisation. The job-holder will ensure they are understood and used in their day-to-day business.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: £21,000 per annum gross
Working week: 37 hour working week (full-time)
Annual leave: 26 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
Location: Office-based, in Solihull
Our People Perks
- Hybrid working
- Pension enrolment from first day of service
- Private Medical Insurance and Cash Plan Schemes provided
- Option to buy or sell annual leave days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health Hub
- Benefits hub, discounts across a broad range of partners
- Early Fridays, finish half an hour early every Friday
- Close-down over the annual festive period
- 1 paid volunteer day per year to give something back to the community
- Plus many more
Those who wish to be considered should submit a CV, along with a covering letter explaining why they are interested in the post and what they will bring to it and email to [email protected] by no later than 5 May 2023.
The CIPP is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV
Email My Details