Head of UK Payroll Full Time
Head of UK Payroll
As a Barclays Senior Payroll Manager, you will deliver the monthly UK Payroll on-time, accurately and in compliance with all relevant requirements, including controls, Barclays policies, SLAs, regulations and legislation. You’ll inspire and lead our professional UK Payroll team, striving to always ensure we provide a best in class service that meets the needs of our c.50,000 UK-based colleagues.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Leading a team of 25 UK payroll professionals, supporting their career development and well-being, and ensuring robust succession plans are in place for all roles
• Ensuring timely resolution of escalated and/or complex issues, requests for exceptions to standard processes and service delivery issues, and that Risk Events or Issues are reported
• Owning and driving implementation of projects and change affecting the UK Payroll team, processes and systems, ensuring no/ minimal disruption to service
• Supporting the Global Payroll strategy; partnering with the Service Strategy and Transformation Team ensuring changes to processes/systems are managed
• Acting as the senior engagement point from UK Payroll into the Reward and Compensation team, Finance, Group Tax, Chief Controls Office, and Audit
• Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in service delivery, efficiencies and colleague experience, through new systems and processes, and the use of insights
• Communicating and maintaining strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, up to and including MD level
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of leading and transforming UK Payroll teams in large (i.e. >10,000 colleagues on payroll) and complex organisations, preferably within a financial services organisation
• Excellent stakeholder, people management, problem solving and planning skills, including with globally diverse teams
• Exceptional knowledge of payroll legislation, financial and regulatory controls, governance, risk management and HR policy, to include HMRC requirements for PAYE and PSA returns
• Excellent understanding of deferred compensation approaches as they relate to payroll, country-to-country mover and business travel related taxation and payment requirements
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of tools and technology related to Payroll and HR, such as SAP or Workday
• Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) qualified or equivalent
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and typical internal audit requirements
• Continuous improvement methodologies and agile project management
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply