HR & Payroll Officer Full Time
HR & Payroll Officer
Historic Environment Scotland
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Length of employment: Until 31st March 2021
- Business area: Other, People Directorate
- Type of role: Human Resources
- Working pattern: Full-time
- Number of posts: 2
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 1SH
HR & Payroll Officers act as a first point of contact for a wide variety of HR related enquiries, therefore we are looking for a confident communicator and someone who is comfortable actively engaging with staff at all levels and coaching managers on the application of key people policies/procedures. You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of HR policy and practice, work closely with colleagues in a close knit team, as well as supporting staff from across the organisation, and on the job training will be provided in the use of our systems.
• Producing contracts of employment and other employment related documents accurately and efficiently.
• Data entry: accurately updating the system with any changes to employee and payroll records (overtime, absences etc.); thoroughly checking claims for compliance with related policies; analysing payroll output reports to check for anomalies.
• Accurately inputting data for Travel & Subsistence claims, thoroughly checking claims for compliance with related policies.
• Delivering administrative work to a high standard and on time.
• Continually developing knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
• Participating in recruitment and selection related activities, delivering a high standard of HR support to internal and external customers throughout the recruitment process.
• Assisting with the management of frequent short term and long-term absence cases through timely monitoring and advice and completing appropriate Occupational Health referrals, DSE Assessments, Stress Risk Assessments etc.
• Taking notes for internal meetings, Disciplinary, Grievance and Attendance Management cases and swiftly producing accurate, high-quality, formal notes.
• Continually developing relationships and actively engaging with staff and managers.
• Maintaining good records management practices through regular filing, following the department’s retention schedule and assisting with regular file cleansing.
• Providing administrative support to the Wellbeing Group.
• Undertaking other ad hoc tasks and duties as requested by HR Managers or HR Business Partners.
• Previous experience of data entry, processing and analysing large volumes of data accurately
• Previous experience working in an HR or Payroll position.
• Familiarity with key HR and Payroll policies/procedures and their practical application.
• General office/administration experience.
• Demonstrable strong written communication skills, including experience of formal note-taking, with the ability to produce high quality, accurate notes.
• Proven track record of taking the initiative in order to deliver an excellent, customer focussed service.
• Able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to work and the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
• Comfortable advising and engaging with staff at all levels.
• Experience of using web based HR systems.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
• CIPD or CIPP membership (desirable)
We welcome applications from all nationalities, ensuring that they have the right to work in the UK and applying for a job with us could open the door to a unique work environment. It could also give you job satisfaction and excellent development opportunities, plus a competitive salary, 25 days paid holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service) and 11.5 public holidays a year – pro rata for part time staff.
In addition we offer a great benefits package to our employees which includes:
• flexible working hours (where appropriate)
• special leave
• maternity/paternity leave
• adoption leave
• reimbursement for relevant professional subscriptions
• support for further education and personal development
• study leave for work related courses
• access to a learning resource centre
Health and welfare
We offer you access to:
• our Employee Assistance Programme – for confidential advice and counselling
• an occupational sick pay scheme
• discounts at some local authority leisure facilities
• interest free loans for bicycles and annual travel passes (see ‘season ticket’ below)
• reasonable adjustments when needed, as part of our Equalities policy
You will receive:
• free entry to all of our properties (with up to three guests)
• free entry to English Heritage, Manx and Cadw properties
• 20% off purchases in our retail outlets
You can receive an advance to help with the cost of buying an annual season ticket for travel between home and work. The advance is then repaid from your salary over the life of the season ticket. Available to all permanent and fixed-term staff.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name :||Human Resources, Historic Environment Scotland|
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV
Email My Details
Most Recent Jobs
- Payroll Manager – Yorkshire Yorkshire
- Payroll Administrator – Suffolk – Competitive Salary Suffolk
- EMEA Payroll Specialist (German) – Dublin – €50,000 p/a + 10% bonus and RSU’s Dublin
- Payroll and Pensions Administrator Berkshire
- Payroll and Benefits Specialist London
- CREATIVE SUPPORT: Payroll Officer Manchester