Payroll Administrator Full Time
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals from going extinct. With a new strategy about to launch in June 2018, ZSL is just about to embark on a transformational change programme which will see strategic objectives being set for our 200 year anniversary in 2026.
The ZSL Finance Department has transformed from a transactional recording and reporting role to a partnering role within the business. There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our Finance team and add increased value to the daily operations throughout the organisation. Reporting to the Payroll Manager you will assist the Payroll unit with monthly payroll preparation, data input, payroll reconciliations and assisting with general payroll administration. In conjunction with the Payroll Manager, it will be the Payroll Administrators responsibility to assist in timely and accurate payment of employee’s pay for the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with proven payroll experience looking to further develop their career and work in a fun, engaging environment. You will have exposure to a variety of departments within an international organisation. If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the Payroll unit within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with HR and Department Manager’s to ensure that all the relevant information in relation to Payroll is received accurately and on time in line with Payroll deadlines.
- Collate, check and input payroll information ensuring all starters, leavers, changes to employee’s details and changes to pay are actioned correctly. All information should be checked for authorised signatures and appropriate documentation prior to payroll input.
- Ensure data collection and payroll input of all payroll information such as P45/P46, student loans, court orders, are inputted accurately and on time, checking for errors and omissions.
- Deal with payroll queries, statement of earnings and other payroll related correspondence.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have prior experience working within a busy payroll office or a similar function either running a payroll or assisting with general payroll administration.
- Hold a payroll qualification or equivalent level of work experience in a related field.
- Have experience of engaging with non-payroll business areas and outside organisations, i.e. HMRC.
- Have an understanding of relevant payroll legislation.
- Be knowledgeable and a confident user of an integrated HR/Payroll system, preferred experience of iTrent (Midlands HR).
- Ability to stay calm and work well under pressure.
- Have excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills.
- Be highly organised and be excellent at prioritising and multi-tasking (manage a diverse workload and meet strict deadlines).
- Proficient with Microsoft packages – (in particular strong Excel skills), Word and Office with the ability to data input fast and accurately.
- Friendly individual who enjoys working in a team and is a good communicator.
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park and the position is available to start as soon as possible. A part time role if preferred may be considered.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, joint contributory pension scheme (7% employer contribution), complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the “Apply for this job online” button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 24th June 2018.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: n no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV and a covering letter
Email My Details