Senior Payroll Supervisor Full Time
We have an excellent opportunity within our HR department to permanently join our Moores family. The primary focus of Senior Payroll Supervisor is to manage the delivery of an effective Payroll and Benefits service to all colleagues.
Moores is celebrating over 75 years since we started our journey in 1947. Based in West Yorkshire, we aim to deliver extraordinary quality, value, and service so that customers choose Moores every time. At the very core of our values, we look at simplicity, pride in what we do and how we do it, accountability, collaboration and expertise. We are a forward-thinking sustainable employer that invests in our people, with a down to earth and friendly culture.
- Strong knowledge of UK payroll and auto enrolment pension regulations.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to plan, manage multiple time bound priorities and an eye for detail.
- Responsible for all employee benefits, including but not limited to Company Cars/BUPA/Fuel Cards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and a strong customer focus and polished customer management skills.
- Being a strong team player and working as part of a busy team in a fast-paced environment.
- To act with autonomy, discretion, and flexibility to deliver a smooth payroll function.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- A quick thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for creativity or the ability to adapt and be flexible as required.
- An expert knowledge of Sage and interlinking programs.
- Processing of all P45’s and HMRC Starter Checklists in a timely and accurate manner.
- Dealing with external auditors on a yearly basis and providing all information they require.
- Internal random auditing.
- Provide any information requested from external sources such as Department of Work and Pensions, Child Support Agency etc.
- Working closely with all stakeholders and other HR colleagues.
- Provide a point of escalation for complex queries etc for the Pay and Benefits Analyst.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing one direct report, including regular 1-2-1’s and performance management.
- People Management experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the processing of a complete Payroll.
- Knowledge of UK Payroll legal legislation including Income tax, NI contributions; Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Parental leave, Working Time Regulations (holiday leave), Statutory Sick Pay.
- Good working knowledge of Sage (essential).
- Good working knowledge of Mitrefinch (desirable).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications but particularly in Excel.
- CIPP Qualified
- Up to £41,000 per year.
Hybrid role with a maximum of 2 days a week remote working following completion of training. The post holder must be flexible with regards to working hours, including having the ability to attend site during anti-social hours as well as have the ability to travel / commit to overnight stays as necessary for off-site meetings.
- 80% Staff Discount on our products.
- Company Pension.
- Generous Holiday entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Free Parking.
- On-site subsidised canteens.
- Life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Environmentally and Sustainably committed company.
- 2-week Christmas shut down.
We actively celebrate diversity & inclusion across the Moores Furniture Group family. We embrace individuals’ contributions to our business, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion or belief. We whole heartedly believe that having a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the business is vital for our future successes.
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV
Email My Details