Payroll and Benefits Officer Full Time
London South East Colleges is a successful and innovative College operating with sites across Bromley, Orpington, Bexley and Greenwich. With nearly 14,000 students and 1,000 members of staff, the College is a major employer in the area and makes a significant impact on the lives and future prospects of its learners who travel from across London to study with us. The College is also the sponsor of London South East Academies Trust, a growing Multi Academy which is rapidly developing a track record of academic and financial success. With a combined turnover of circa GBP 65m and the ambitious growth plans of the group, there has never been a better time to join this exciting organisation.
In this exciting time for the College, an experienced Payroll and Benefits Officer is required to support the HR team with pension and benefits related responsibilities at our Orpington campus reporting into the HRIS data manager.
You will be responsible for coordinating the day to day Pension and Benefits related activities for the HR team. This will include:
- Monitoring and reviewing time and expenses claims
- Processing annual and monthly allowance payments
- Calculating and processing occupational and statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP)
- Managing Auto Enrolment and Qualifying Pension Schemes, processing pension assessment prior to payroll close, processing opt outs and opt ins, creating monthly upload files.
- Responsible for processing annual Gender Pay Gap returns
- To ensure annual leave accrual is setup correctly for all employees monitor quarterly payments
- An advanced knowledge of HR systems, ideally with iTrent.
- Strong analytic and numeric capability, including an intermediate to advanced level of excel.
- Previous experience working within Education
- Good understanding of HR and Payroll policies and processes
- Working knowledge of UK benefits
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication skills with a high level of attention to detail. Experience of working in a similar role within Education is highly desirable.
In return we will offer you a generous salary and a generous annual leave entitlement.
As the College supports a number of children and vulnerable adults, all staff are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Accordingly, most staff will be subject to either a ‘Standard’ or ‘Enhanced’ DBS check and a List 99 check, which confirms there is no barring in place.
Closing date: 31/01/2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
To apply for this role please click on the link below and you will be redirected to London South East Colleges website:
For enquiries contact the Recruitment Team at: email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply