Payroll Manager Full Time
Client: Baxter Personnel Ltd
Aldi has over 760 UK stores with exciting growth plans leading to 1,000 UK stores by 2022 and are also building a new, purpose built, state-of-the-art Distribution Centre on the Isle of Sheppey which will open in 2019.
Forming an integral part of Payroll in Aldi’s Corporate Head Office you will lead your Payroll team to deliver payroll services across the corporate business to ensure all deadlines are achieved. You will also form part of the Senior Management team in Corporate Head Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager looking to develop their career with an award-winning company with huge expansion and development plans in the UK.
This is a newly created position within the Aldi Corporate Head Office so a real chance to make the role your own. Your initial responsibility will be to manage the smooth centralisation of the Payroll function to Corporate Head Office. Within this you will ensure all Payroll processes are standardised and integrated into one uniform process. You will also be responsible for growing your new team and integrating them with colleagues across all regions.
- Development and management of a team of direct reports
- Overseeing all payroll processes
- Responsible for Ireland and International payroll for Ex Patriots both Inbound and Outbound.
- Promote awareness of and compliance with processes including spot checks within the department to ensure 100% quality and accuracy
- Provide guidance and training on practices and procedures
- Represent Payroll at Senior Management meetings with Directors
- Management of the departmental budget and expenditure
- Support departmental decision making processes through accurate and relevant data
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the effective management of the department, recommending operational efficiencies and internal controls
- Manage the efficient and effective flow of correspondence both internally and externally
- Management of centralised filing systems and shared network drives
- Implementation of systems and processes to support the continual expansion of a fast paced payroll department
Skills and Experience Required:
- Relevant experience in a Payroll function at Management level or above
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to payroll and non-payroll managers and colleagues
- Experience of managing your own team
- Project Management experience
- Experience of implementing change and new systems/solutions
- Excellent IT skills
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm and drive, experience of working to deadlines in a dynamic environment, be able to think on your feet, be self-reliant and be a confident individual with a positive mental attitude.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply