Payroll Officer Full Time
Purpose of post: Working together with two other payroll officers, provide an efficient and professional Payroll function for the Devonshire Group, processing payrolls in a timely and accurate manner, advising employees and managers on all payroll matters.
• To process, balance and submit payrolls for the DG and their associated businesses, using the Payroll database.
• Working closely with the Time and Attendance (T&A) representatives across the DG, collating hours and importing via T&A into payroll, following the relevant T&A processes.
• Collate and process hours, or other data, using either CSV imports or occasional manual input for departments across the DG and their associated businesses.
• Collate and submit data relating to the DG pension schemes and answer queries from employees.
• Reconciliation of Tax and National Insurance, submitting Real Time Information to HMRC within the timeframes required, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Using the payroll database, provide reports to the DG departments and finance team, this will include invoicing and creation of nominal journals.
• To calculate company and statutory payments such as sick, maternity, paternity, and adoption payments.
• To ensure all year-end procedures are adhered to.
• To keep up to date with payroll related legislation, making suggestions for improvement and ensuring the database is kept up-to-date accordingly.
• Work closely with the HR team to ensure accuracy of payroll, assisting and implementing any payroll changes as required.
• General administration of the payroll department to include but not an exhaustive list, answering the telephone, filing, daily shredding, letter writing and responding to employee queries.
THE DEVONSHIRE GROUP: We believe in: Always Improving : Decency : Being Inclusive
Job Title: Payroll Officer Reporting to: HR & HR Systems Manager Accountable to: Director of HR and Safety
• High degree of numeracy and accuracy skills, with an ability to produce work to a high standard with great attention to detail. • Good knowledge of payroll databases with the ability to produce reports, enter and extract data.
• At least two years previous payroll experience in a payroll department dealing with all aspects of payroll including communication with employees.
• An intermediate payroll or finance qualification such as CIPP, AAT or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• Intermediate excel skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, being timely and consistent.
• Team worker, calm and personable.
• Able to deal with confidential data with absolute discretion.
• Knowledge of HR and Payroll databases.
• Working with CSV import routines and T&A systems.
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business.
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV and a covering letter
Email My Details