Payroll Vendor Manager Full Time
Payroll Vendor Manager
As a Barclays Payroll Vendor Manager, you will excel at building and maintaining effective commercial partnerships with our payroll suppliers, and will support delivery on our agreed payroll strategy, whilst ensuring our end-to-end global payroll service is accurate, on time and fully compliant to all requirements. As part of your role you will also ensure Service Reviews and Annual Business Reviews are held and documented for audit purposes.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Owning the day-to-day service relationship for our global payroll suppliers, driving solid engagement and ensuring any risks are captured and managed effectively
- Acting as key contact for payroll supplier escalations
- Having detailed knowledge of supplier services and ensuring these services meet the needs of our Barclays colleagues
- Establishing and maintaining a sound commercial basis (including SLAs, KPIs and cost base analysis) to monitor and report on service performance of our payroll suppliers
- Collaborating with Procurement and our HR Service Strategy and Transformation team in relation to significant change projects which could impact on suppliers delivery
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in service delivery from our suppliers, identifying and exploiting innovation to further enhance colleague experience
- Supporting the Accountable Executive (Payroll Global Service Delivery Lead) to develop and maintain productive relations with all Barclays global payroll suppliers
- Working with the HR country/regional leads to deliver a great colleague experience, by ensuring payroll vendors and Barclays teams work together to deliver prompt solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Commercial experience of creating, negotiating and managing contracts with payroll suppliers
- Significant payroll/supplier management experience with a solid customer service ethos, and track record of driving high performance and great colleague outcomes
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with using data to support recommendations
- Good communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and manage relationships across a variety of levels internally and externally
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment, adapt to changing demands and conditions and balance conflicting priorities, whilst still meeting deadlines
- Detailed industry knowledge of payroll services and/or payroll suppliers
- Ability to view services from the customer’s perspective, empathise with any complex issues raised by the customer with a view to promptly resolving
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply