Trainer for The CIPP Full Time
Function of Role: Delivering training courses and supporting the training function.
Reports To: Training and quality assessment manager.
The application is a two-stage process:
1. Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae demonstrating your suitability for the role to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 7 June 2019.
2. If successful you will be invited to attend an interview at our office in Solihull on 20 June 2019, where you will be required to demonstrate your knowledge and conduct a presentation on a topic provided in advance.
The Role Outline
This exciting new role will be a remote based worked with regular travel to Goldfinger House in Solihull and other external venues, such as client premises, other partnership organisations, as the role necessitates.
Its fundamental purpose will be to deliver high quality training courses and to promote other training to both individual delegates and corporate organisations as part of an end to end service in recognition of the institute.
The role will also involve supporting the CIPP Policy team to include material development and may require the trainer to cover the CIPP advisory service should it be required.
The job holder liaises closely with Training and quality assessment manager and where required managers responsible for other departments to assist with the growth and quality of the training courses and wider CIPP offer is being delivered.
The role requires input to design and develop innovative learning solutions to meet the employer requirements by providing expertise in educational needs including the introduction of new courses.
This role will be the primary source for:
• Delivering training courses in both public venues and client premises.
• Assist with booking and enquiries when required.
• Develop and grow relationships with key customers.
• Assist with in-house enquiries and bookings.
• Encourage future business.
• Deliver high quality training presentations, ensuring that they are interesting, enjoyable and the learning objectives are achieved.
• Participate in the creative design of learning and development deliverables, including content mapping and learning objectives.
• Carry out assessments to identify skills/knowledge gaps, and make appropriate recommendations for training and development.
• Assist with the development of course content based on market research, legislative changes, evaluation tools and subject matter expert feedback.
• Develop interactive exercises and tests.
• Working with the Policy team, assist with maintenance of courses by adding, deleting and changing content as appropriate to keep material up-to-date.
• Liaise and work with the Training and quality assessment manager to enhance and improve training processes, are offerings and relationships with customers.
• To create and update existing lesson plans to facilitate effective learning for all training courses.
• Working with the Training and quality assessment manager to update the training marketing briefing notes for use across the wider business.
• Working with the Training and quality assessment manager to ensure the training pages on the CIPP website are updated.
• Create and disseminate the weekly training report providing booking information to the wider business.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
• Resourceful and dynamic individual; able to adapt to change and perform against tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
• High attention to detail is required with excellent research and analytical skills.
• An orientation towards continuous learning.
• Highly skilled and experienced in problem solving.
• Considers the learner and learning environment when communicating information with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong team player with excellent organisational, project and time management skills.
• Ability to assess community, business and industry needs using market research, and other sources.
Technical Competencies Required:
• Ability to monitor legislation for content changes to the payroll profession and contextualise is application.
• Comprehensive training and facilitation skills and ability to adapt to varying audiences.
• Skilled written communicators that can write; training courses, publications and social media communications.
• Proficient computer skills/knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Recent and substantial payroll management delivery experience.
• A minimum level five or equivalent qualification in payroll.
• Demonstrable customer experience focus.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver presentations to individuals with different learning styles and motivations for learning.
• Demonstrable ability to facilitate and deliver training using a number of different mediums, for example Face to Face, Online and Webinar.
• An ability to liaise with key people, whether interested internal parties or external suppliers.
• The ability to deal accurately with day-to-day important and often urgent task, while not losing sight of the overall job purpose.
• Excellent understanding of how payroll is delivered in different sized organisations as well as organisations that impact on the payroll functions for example HMRC.
• Drive, determination and resilience.
Essential to hold one of the following or an equivalent:
• The CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management or the
• The CIPP Diploma in Payroll Management
The trainer, must also be prepared to achieve Chartered membership of the CIPP within 12 months of appointment.
• A significant aspect of this role is the need for location flexibility, due to the location of any training that will be delivered and may need to stay away overnight.
• The role will be required to attend the CIPP offices in Solihull regularly.
• It is an essential requirement that the job holder can commit to travelling throughout the UK and, where required, overseas and working outside of normal working hours as necessary.
The job holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties than those listed above which are identified by their manager as necessary for the operational management and/or commercial development of the CIPP.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: TBC (depending on experience)
Working week: 37 hour working week (full-time)
Annual leave: 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
Pension: Group Personal Pension Scheme available
Healthcare: Healthcare and cash plan schemes available
The CIPP is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV and a covering letter
Email My Details