Senior Payroll Manager Full Time
ABOUT VENN ACCOUNTS
Venn Accounts are a remote team of fully qualified chartered accountants offering accountancy and tax services to UK businesses in the retail and technology sectors. We are passionate about providing high quality services.
Working with XERO and Brightpay payroll software the successful candidate would be responsible for maintaining and running payroll for a diverse range of businesses with 1 to 100+ employees.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE AND WORK
Due to the growth in our client book, we are looking for someone to lead the coordination of our client payroll offering. Our payroll services are usually provided as part of our wider accountancy and tax support services.
Currently, the role will also include supporting our business administration and accounts functions with its day-to-day activities. Our ambition is to transition the role to focus exclusively on payroll and employment tax administration in the short to medium term.
We are a professional, agile, and fast paced organisation that fully accommodate appropriate training and professional development support.
- Processing monthly client payrolls
- Ensure all monthly or annual submissions are made to HMRC (FPS / EPS)
- Ensure all monthly submissions are made to clients’ workplace pension providers
- Sending monthly liability summaries to clients
- Uploading payroll reports and payslips to the payroll portal we use to provide documents to clients and their employees
- Ensuring compliance with internal tracking, reporting and record keeping requirements for client payrolls
- Processing new pay items for normal employees
- Payroll actions for clients, including but not limited to payroll plan set-up, actions and reporting for joiners and leavers.
- Coordination of client payroll actions each month in conjunction with other team members supporting the payroll function.
- Assisting with accurate record keeping and accounts reporting for the firm. Including but not limited to:
- Financial transactions on the purchase and client ledgers
- Month-end accounting
- Reporting relevant issues to the compliance officer
- Billing and credit control
- Supporting the MLRO with the updating of due diligence documentation
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Knowledge of the XERO and Brightpay would be an advantage but is not obligatory
- Payroll qualification preferred – CIPP Payroll Technician (or higher)
- Minimum 5 years of UK payroll bureau processing experience
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong understanding of the operation of PAYE
- Commitment to providing excellent service to internal and external clients
- Actively seeking to take responsibility in your own work initiative
- Pro-actively raising issues relating to your work and suggesting improvements
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Professionalism and confidence
- The ability to work in a small team without supervision
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV
Email My Details