We create more from wood. With more than 10,000 employees in 10 countries who work with passion, upholding our family values and innovative spirit. This is how we create products for furniture, interior design, construction as well as laminate flooring. We keep moving and are always developing – manufacturing new products, tapping into emerging markets and generating exciting prospects for everyone that works with us.
For our plant in Hexham
- Oversee the operational payroll processes; ensuring accurate, timely information and that all payroll and pension data is effectively controlled on a monthly / annual basis.
- Manage a small payroll team with responsibility for several site payrolls with varied complexity.
- Review process efficiency and implement continuous improvement measures.
- Provide timely advice in relation to technical, payroll matters arising, e.g. termination payments, benefits, statutory payments and apprenticeship levy.
- Produce analytical reports on a monthly basis in relation to sickness absence, annual leave quotas and pension scheme.
- Act as the Key User for the SAP Payroll system and ensure that information is maintained and accurate.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, e.g. tax, auto enrolments and IR35.
- Be the lead contact for payroll auditing purposes, internal and external.
- Provide project support to the Human Resources Manager.
- End-to-end Payroll knowledge and experience within a high-volume payroll environment essential.
- Expertise in payroll compliance, rules and legislation such as Auto Enrolment, RTI, Apprenticeship Levy, PSA’s, Payrolling Benefits/P11d’s.
- Knowledge and practical experience in terms of statutory payments/deductions and pension contributions.
- Thorough understanding of organisational processes that impact on Payroll.
- Detailed knowledge of payroll software, preferably SAP.
- Comprehensive IT skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and management skills, organised, able to work to deadlines, prioritise and delegate.
- Project management experience desirable.
The opportunity to join the largest manufacturing employer in Northumberland; focussed on quality, customer service, the environment and sustainability. Competitive employee benefits, (including hybrid and flexible working) and pension scheme (up to 14% contribution). Rewarding and varied job role. Technologically advanced systems and processes. Comprehensive induction process, progressive training and development.