HR Officer (Pensions) Full Time
HR Officer (Pensions)
Salary: Grade 6 – £31,346 to £33,782
Full Time, Permanent Position
Exeter, EX3 0NW
Closing date for applications is 23:59hrs on Sunday, 21 November 2021
It’s an exciting time to join DSFRS, the largest non-metropolitan fire and rescue service in the UK. Fire and Rescue Services are changing and we are no exception. Our role goes far beyond fighting fires and we are continually looking for ways to build on our effectiveness and efficiency to improve Public and Staff safety. The Service employs almost 2,000 people and has the highest number of fire stations and fire engines outside London.
Working for us is very rewarding. Whilst we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent training and opportunities to develop and progress your career, many of our employees say that the biggest benefit of their role is the job itself – playing your own part in an organisation that saves lives.
We are now looking for an HR Officer to join the People and Organisation Development team. In this role you will provide comprehensive advice and guidance on pension scheme regulations to managers and employees.
You will be the primary point of contact for HR policies and processes in relation to pensions administration.
You will also support the Local Pension Board to ensure compliance with pension regulations and legislative changes.
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least 5 years of previous experience working in a pensions related role (preferably within the public sector), including substantial experience of providing advice and guidance on pensions including complex issues.
• A CIPP Certificate in Pensions Administration (or similar equivalent) would be advantageous but not essential.
• You must also have proven experience working with large volumes of financial data and undertaking complex financial calculations.
• You will have exceptional IT, communication and organisation skills
• It is essential that you have flexible approach, with the ability to work effectively as a member of a busy team, including effective supervision of colleagues.
Benefits of working for DSFRS:
At DSFRS our values are: we are proud to help, we are honest, we are respectful, and we are working together.
We offer our staff:
• Competitive Salary and Generous holiday entitlement.
• Flexible working and excellent career, training and development opportunities.
• Government Pension Scheme.
• Health and Wellbeing provision including eye care, onsite gym facilities, counselling, physiotherapy.
• Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme (retail discounts for Emergency Services colleagues).
• Free Parking.
How to apply for the HR Officer Role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, please click on the “apply” button below to be directed to our short application form. You will also be asked to submit a CV and covering letter as part of our application process.
• We are Proud to Help
• We are Honest
• We are Respectful
• We are Working Together
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values to join our team.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply