HR Payroll Services Officer Full Time
|Job title||HR Payroll Services Officer|
As a HR Payroll Services Officer, you will work closely with Payroll Services Manager to support day-to-day management of third-party payroll provider, undertaking the transactional and administrative tasks, meeting all business, statutory and third-party obligations. Act as an escalation point for payroll enquiries/issues by various internal stakeholders.
You will collaborate with stakeholders in implementing pay revisions, pension interface procedures and provide administrative support for payroll related software integration projects aimed at improving payroll effectiveness.
· Monitor and maintain effective controls over the quality of outsourced managed payroll service, ensuring HMLR continually meets its obligations to stakeholders, staff and third-parties and that supplier is meeting or exceeding SLA
· Support to manage supplier’s performance to the agreed standards
· Leverage best value for money from supplier’s managed service, identify continuous improvements and efficiencies within pay related business processes operated by HR and supplier
· Assist with completion of monthly pay overs to HMRC, CS Pensions and third-party pension reconciliation and record keeping. Liaise with outsourced payroll to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
· Carry out monthly checks on HMRC online account to monitor accuracy on payroll submissions and resolve discrepancies within each pay cycle
· Undertake payroll level reconciliation to third party pay overs, statutory orders and staff benefits.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of how HR Cloud system handovers data to payroll systems through an interface, business rules and workflows and their inter-dependency on staff payments
· Maintain payroll documentation, guidance and training materials
· Communicate and collaborate effectively with other members of the HR teams in various disciplines such as HR Systems, HR Support Desk, HR Managers Advisory service, HR Business Partners, HR MI and other senior members within HR teams
· Create & maintain issues log, monitor supplier performance, participate in review meetings, notes taking and escalate matters as appropriate to Payroll Services Manager
· Work as part of the team and contribute to achieving agreed service levels and work on a variety of HR projects and tasks as and when required
|Technical skills and qualifications:|
· Experience of handling payroll in a HR/customer service environment
· Ability to use Excel to at least an Intermediate level and proficiency on other MS Office tools
· Level 2 qualification or equivalent
· Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) or relevant payroll qualification
· Advanced level Excel
· Numerical Reasoning: the ability to critically evaluate numerical information, understand patterns and trends in data, and the ability to make sensible conclusions or judgements
· Verbal Reasoning – the ability to think about something in a logical way, in order to form a conclusion or judgement, based on written information and/or verbal conversations in both formal and informal work-related meetings
· Using facts and current status/circumstance, ability to reach conclusion or judgement swiftly and recommend potential solutions at pace
· Experience of operating the payroll system on a major HR/Payroll software system either integrated or non-integrated systems
· Knowledge of how payroll system and HR Cloud systems are integrated
· Can describe payroll processes and pay rules in a way staff and various end-users would understand
· Experience of tracking and resolving payroll issues in a methodical/systematic way
· Competent in analysing information and applying critical thinking to determine suitable solutions
· Competent experienced user of the range of IT tools relevant to the job such as Microsoft
· Ability to communicate clearly and maintain clear and effective documentation
· Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for own development
· Use of a customer management system
· Ability to use large scale IT system configuration tools
· Knowledge of HR processes and policies
· Visual representation of data and supporting narratives
· Ability to develop sound knowledge of how Payroll system and HR Cloud systems are integrated
· Ability to describe payroll processes and pay rules in a way a staff and various end-users would understand
· Experience of writing user guides, instructions and documentation
· Knowledge of Fusion Oracle HR systems
· Changing and Improving
· Managing a Quality Service
· Delivering at Pace
· Working together
· Communicating & Influencing
Staff: The role requires a line management responsibility for one individual who is currently a part timer.
Budget: Responsible for own resources.
Full Time / Part Time
Number of hours if not full time:
Minimum of 30 hours per week over 5 days
This is a temporary fixed term role for 18 months. If you are considering joining us from another Civil Service department an 18-month loan would be considered.
The role may involve occasional travel to supplier sites, other government departments (OGDs) and other HM Land Registry offices. It could involve occasional unsocial hours working evenings or weekends to maintain service levels when called for during system upgrades or emergency repairs.
As a result of Covid-19 pandemic, as a temporary arrangement the role holder is required to work remotely from home for vast majority of the contractual time using relevant IT kit which would be issued on joining the service.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply