NHS Payroll Benefits Manager Full Time
NHS Payroll Benefits Manager
Job Reference: 251-CORP260-NR
- Department: Payroll
- Location: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke
- Salary: £38,890 – £44,503 pa
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides services through its three hospitals in Andover, Basingstoke and Winchester. We provide all general hospital services for planned and emergency care as well as specialist services.
his is a vital role managing the Payroll and Pension Benefits Schemes for HHFT; you will be part of the team responsible for the provision of Payroll and Pension services to our 6000+ employees of the Trust.
This role also deputises for the Head of Payroll and Pensions; the post holder should have the ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment, and should demonstrate a positive attitude and a sympathetic and patient personality, together with good organisational skills.
If you have expert knowledge in Salary Sacrifice Schemes and NHS Pensions and are looking to apply your skills in a team that plays a crucial role in delivering our services, then we would encourage you to apply for this position.
What we look for:
The successful candidate will have:
- IPPM (Institute of Payroll & Pensions Management) Team Management in the Pensions/Payroll Office Certificate or equivalent experience required
- Experience of working in an NHS Payroll & Pensions Department with demonstrable knowledge of the NHS Pension, Nest and Local Pension Schemes
- Expert knowledge of Salary Sacrifice schemes including Childcare, Lease Cars and Bikes for the NHS. Excellent team working skills are required, working as part of the Payroll and Pensions Team to deliver the highest quality service to all of our employees
- Expert knowledge of payroll procedures and processes
- Experience using ESR, NHS Computerised Payroll System and Trust expenses system
- An organised and flexible approach, ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
What we Offer:
Work as part of the Payroll and Pensions team supporting our colleagues to deliver the best care for our patients
Excellent range of benefits including generous holiday entitlements, learning and development opportunities, health and wellbeing programmes and more see HHFT Employee Rewards and Benefits
Who we are:
We are pleased to provide an in-house Payroll and Pensions service to HHFT employees, our aim is to deliver a high quality customer focused service for our colleagues across hospitals in Andover, Basingstoke and Winchester. We also provide the Payroll Service for St. Michaels Hospice.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.
Our commitment to you:
We are committed to equality and diversity in both the provision of our services and how we recruit and manage our staff. Applications are encouraged from everyone with the necessary attributes for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at least 5 working days before the scheduled interview date. All communication is via the e-recruitment system and we advise all candidates to regularly check your emails including junk mail folders in web-based email products.
- All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post.
- In compliance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English to an appropriate standard which will be assessed as part of the selection process.
- Note to vacancy advertisers: Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates a strict process regarding the advertising of vacancies, details of which may only be reproduced with the written permission of the person authorised by the Trust to place the advert. Any orders obtained via unsolicited routes (including individuals not so authorised) will not be paid and the circumstances will be reported to our counter fraud specialist.
This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. If you intend to apply you are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply