Pensions Manager Full Time
Job Title: Pensions Manager
Hybrid: 2 days home / 3 days office (Can be based in any of their offices; Weybridge, London, Birmingham, Bolton)
**A formal pensions qualification is a must**
- Supporting the UK&I Head of Pensions in management of the defined contribution and defined benefit pension schemes.
- Ensuring they are operating effectively and are compliant with regulatory obligations.
- Involved in the strategic development of the company’s schemes, focussed on enhancement of value proposition to employees.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to internal processes and procedures to help drive efficiencies in cost management and risk mitigation.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Oversee outsourced pension administration provider.
- Advise on pensions policies and benefits packages.
- Participate in the review of fund strategy with senior management, trustees and advisers..
- Ensure that schemes operate effectively and meet performance, quality and care targets, as well as complying with industry standard.
- Monitor pension scheme compliance with regulatory requirements and trust deeds.
- Auto-enrolment compliance requirements.
- Develop communication strategies to promote the benefits of pension schemes.
- Continue to cultivate the relationship between the employer and trustees.
- Liaise with actuaries, solicitors, advisors and trustees.
- Internal stakeholder management and communication.
- Raise company-wide awareness of pensions-related matters.
- Make recommendations to improve internal processes in response to member feedback.
- Provide support to the commercial and operational teams in bids and renewals, loss of contracts, triggering events, including assessing risks and pricing.
- Assist with audit requirements.
Experience and skills:
- Knowledge of defined contribution and defined benefit pension schemes.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Public sector scheme knowledge.
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret and pass on complex information.
- Exercise good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Good people and relationship skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Willing to challenge and be challenged.
- Ability to find swift resolutions to member queries.
- Find ways to make improvements to processes and procedures to improve member experience.
- Maintain high levels of compliance and control.
- Deep governance acumen.
- Collaboration with trustees, regulators, scheme members, legal advisors, auditors, and other internal and external stakeholders.
JGA Recruitment Group Ltd (“We”) are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are also committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a specialist Payroll and HR recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business).
These statements together with our privacy notices set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your full contact details along with your CV
Email My Details