Senior Payroll Officer Full Time
We have an new opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic payroll professional to join our team on a fixed term basis.
As an experienced Senior Payroll Technician, you will be working as part of a busy team responsible for processing and running Weekly & Monthly payrolls end to end within strict timescales. This will include supporting the payroll team day to day to maintain an accurate and efficient level of service.
This will include identifying and resolving any discrepancies with the weekly/monthly pay run, dealing directly with third party companies (such as the HMRC) producing bacs files etc.
You will provide advanced Payroll support to all Sirona employees, assisting them with enquiries and communications by phone, email and face to face.
You will be a visible positive role model throughout Sirona, always striving to ensure we provide the best service possible
Based within the Payroll Department initially at Kingswood Civic Centre and subject to review, to work 37.5 hours (over 5 days a week). This role will is offered on a fixed term basis for 12 months.
The core hours of the department are 9am to 5pm but we do offer some flexibility if required.
Main duties of the job
- The Senior Payroll Technician will deputise for the Deputy Payroll Manager roles and responsibilities during times of annual leave and be responsible for the smooth running of the department in the absence of both the Payroll Manager and Deputy Payroll Manager
- Make decisions at short notice when faced with technical and processing issues to ensure that the payrolls are run within the timescales to meet BACS deadlines and ensure all staff in the company are paid on payday.
- Identify opportunities for improving systems and processes
- Contribute to the development of service plans for the payroll service
- Plan and organise your workload each week/month in the line with the Payroll schedule to ensure all deadlines are met
- Set up computer records for new employees/Bank workers ensuring that all contractual and statutory information is complete and correct.
- Challenge and resolve promptly all accuracy and authorisation errors and omissions in submitted data, using all relevant media, to ensure staff are paid accurately and on time and data conforms to Audit standards.
- Identify and process leaver overpayments in writing and verbally, speaking to the individuals to seek agreement on a schedule of re-payments, working with the Finance team on issuing invoices and processing the repayments to ensure payroll data is accurate.
- Investigate over/underpayments of salary, in collaboration with service Managers and other teams, to agree a schedule of re-payment with the employee where required.
We are Sirona care & health, a Community Interest Company committed to providing local communities with a range of high-quality specialist health care services across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. For us, its about the personal approach; we take pride in what we do and deliver the high standard of care that we would expect for ourselves and our families.
At Sirona, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of colleagues, service users and communities. We therefore welcome applications from all those who feel they have the skills and attributes we are seeking.
We offer NHS Agenda for Change Salary, Terms and Conditions and an NHS pension scheme plus much more! Please see the benefits leaflet attached to this advert for more details.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received prior to the advertised closing date.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply