Specialist Payroll Officer Full Time
About the role
This role is a full time permanent (hybrid) position based out of our office at One Angel Square.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll professional, to join our small hard working team.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for administrating payrolls across multiple clients including Pension payrolls while adhering to specified deadlines and audit requirements, in addition to ensuring that accurate information and support is given for customer enquiries and all statutory reporting is completed in a timely fashion in line with legislative deadlines.
What will you be doing?
As part of this role, you will take responsibility for the full end to end processing of one or more of our partner payrolls. Tasks will range from inputting of data and calculation and input of parental leave, to running the payroll, producing exception reporting, conducting agreed checks and running BACs files, payslip files and RTI.
In addition, you will be responsible for managing and responding to queries from employees, and various internal and external stakeholders, via our case management system, ensuring both and timely and accurate resolution.
We are looking for an individual with a keen eye for detail, who is motivated to learn and grow.
Previous experience in a high volume payroll setting is essential, along with proven customer service skills.
A payroll related qualification is highly desirable, but not essential.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership – If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it’s like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the button below to be taken to an online application form.
Click to Apply