Brodies LLP is a UK law firm headquartered in Scotland. It is the largest firm in its jurisdiction measured by income, directory rankings, and lawyer numbers. In the last three years, the firm’s revenue has grown by 20%, and almost 100 new colleagues have joined. Today, we have more than 750 colleagues and offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, The Highlands, London and Brussels. We combine colleagues’ expertise in all business areas, to deliver Enlightened Thinking – new knowledge and new legal possibilities – uniquely suited to our Scottish, UK and international clients.
Payroll and Benefits Assistant
Our hybrid working approach allows the opportunity to combine working from home as well as in our offices.
Based in Edinburgh but remote working is possible with occasional travel to our other offices.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
A key member of People Engagement, the successful candidate will provide support with all aspects of general administration in relation to Payroll and Benefits. The role has a high level of general administrative duties associated with it and the successful candidate must be willing and flexible to take on a wide range of tasks.
You will thrive in a very busy and demanding environment that requires the ability to multi-task effectively, and you will be confident and professional. You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
The successful candidate will be based in Edinburgh, but remote working is possible with occasional travel to our other offices.
- Undertake a range of payroll responsibilities. This will include but is not limited to; processing accurate monthly payrolls using Cintra IQ, responding to queries, providing reports, calculations, reconciliations, and other tasks associated with payroll administration
- Demonstrate clear knowledge of UK payroll legislation and statutory requirements and keep up to date with any changes
- Provide timely and accurate administrative support to the Payroll & Benefits Team including adding new joiners to the payroll database and benefits portal, sending welcome and login details emails, and updating the monthly payroll system such as inputting benefits changes
- Provide support during busy project periods including helping with the preparation of salary review and season ticket loan letters, annual leave and benefits administration and collection and filing of any forms
- Run ad hoc management information reports and interpreting data as necessary
- Prepare documentation for various meetings
- Support with administration tasks as and when necessary, including providing the People Engagement Team with payroll and holiday calculations in a timely manner and working with Finance including preparing headcount reports and any information/reports they may require
- Diary management of yourself and others within the team when required
- General upkeep of the document management system. Assisting with paper and electronic files, which will include shredding sensitive documents and tidy up folders in our electronic document management system
- Processing expenses claims
- Providing administrative support for any projects or research tasks that may arise
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required by the team
- Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
- Experience of a Payroll and Benefits function (or similar) in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of payroll calculations including pro rating
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel used daily
- Can work on their own initiative, is pro-active, persistent, robust and committed to “getting the job done”
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and proactive approach to work duties
- Prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Member of CIPP would be desirable but not essential
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] quoting reference BR1066.
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.