Senior Payroll Officer
Work from home (may need to attend either office for training etc.)
6 months, 37 hours per week
There’s never been a better time to join our award-winning business!
Housing Plus Group is one of the largest affordable housing providers in the area. We are a leading provider of quality, affordable homes, an investor in communities across Staffordshire and Shropshire and a dependable supplier of services that customers can trust.
With more than 800 colleagues we’re already one of the area’s biggest employers and we’re growing. We aim to create 100 apprenticeships in our own Group and our supply chain within five years, providing real job opportunities and fantastic career development.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for YOU to join the members of our in-house Payroll Team. You will be responsible for the effective production of the group’s payroll, including the management, training and development of the Payroll Officers and provide technical support to the Payroll Manager to meet the demands of the service.
As part of our Payroll Team, we want you to have:
· Qualified (or working towards with relevant experience) CIPP
· Experience of working in a Payroll team and processing payrolls from start to finish
· Strong numerical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
· The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
· Strong belief in excellent internal and external customer service
· Knowledge and experience of administering statutory legislation
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
As a leading local employer, we offer:
A competitive salary of £30,000 per annum
· The option to join our contributory pension scheme
· 25 days’ holiday, increasing with each year of service + bank holidays
· Career progression within a sector-leading business
· A comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available.
We also offer a benefits package, that includes:
· Access to a dedicated employee support service, offering a range of mental health, physical care and financial wellbeing support services.
· Eye care vouchers
· Cycle to work scheme
· Free annual flu vaccinations
· Long service and retirement awards
Closing date for applications: 21st April 2021
Please note, we may close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications. Don’t delay – apply today to avoid disappointment.
Interview date: 4th May 2021 over Microsoft Teams
Our CLARITY values are a fundamental part of our culture; underpinning everything that we do and all that we are. We’re looking for dedicated people to join our HPG family, who will take the values beyond words and live them every day to ensure our customers receive outstanding services and support.