Grade 6 – £36,648 – £40,221
Part time: 22 hours (3 days a week) Permanent
Joint Headquarters, Sherwood Lodge, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 8PP
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) have an exciting opportunity for a talented pension and payroll expert. You will join an experienced payroll team and play a critical role in managing pension and payroll processes. Acting as a technical expert, you will provide support to the Payroll & Pensions Manager to ensure the day-to-day running of the Payroll team.
- To assist in the preparation of appropriate documentation relating to changes in individuals’ pension scheme membership status, the notification to the pension scheme administrators of amendments to members’ records and the preparation and submission of pension scheme returns, including contribution and salary
- The effective processing of pay and benefits and oversee the production, reconciliation, and closure of the monthly payrolls.
- Ensure that monthly data has been submitted to the pensions
- Provide guidance notes and training for the Payroll Team and wider audiences such as to our employees and the Fire Pensions Board members.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the five pension schemes for our
- Support the provision of information concerning the pension arrangements operated by the Service, including changes to legislation and scheme rules, to individual members and colleagues within the Human Resources and Finance
- Utilise your strong ICT/Excel skills to analyse and manipulate data to provide extensive analytical reports on pensions and payroll.
- Work with external stakeholders and regional service providers to build effective working relationships.
- Have at least three years of Payroll/Pension supervision
- You will have experience working in a pension environment and ideally you will have working knowledge of the FPS and LGPS schemes.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as previous experience working with a pension system.
- Strong communication skills with experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Agile Working – We are very proud to offer employees the ability to mix office working with working from home to provide flexibility to help with your work life
- Flexibility – We are family friendly and are open to considering different working patterns which help you provide a better service to our community while supporting your home life.
- Annual Leave – 24 days of annual leave with an extra three concessionary days, plus bank holidays and a Christmas concessionary day.
- Pension – Access to a public service defined benefit pension
- Health and Wellbeing – As a Service we provide a wide range of Health and Wellbeing support to all our employees which includes access to a Bupa cashback scheme, an Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated Occupational Health team who are there to support Also, all employees receive free access to an on-site gym.
- Blue Light Card – working for an emergency service you will have the ability to apply for a Blue Light Card which enables discounts on shopping and eating
- Development – You will have access to both formal and informal professional development opportunities which will help you advance your career.
If you feel you have the skills and experience we are looking for and want to play an integral part in keeping Nottinghamshire communities safe, then we look forward to hearing from you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities’ and ‘Disability Confident’ employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. We welcome applications from all parts of our communities and particularly those who are currently under- represented in our workforce.
NFRS is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and or neglect and operates a safer recruitment process.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Police Vetting check.
Further information and an online application form are available on our recruitment portal: https://jobs.notts-fire.gov.uk
Please note that CVs will not be accepted in place of application forms.
Closing Date: 18th February 2024
Interview Date: 26th February 2024