Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Salary: £33,000 – £36,000 FTE
The Education Technology Services Group (ETS) provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training. We have three brands under the ETS umbrella – turn IT on, School ICT Services and SalamanderSoft. Between the three brands we provide services to over 4,000 schools across England and employ over 300 staff members. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technological needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
In this newly created role, and as an employee of turn IT on Limited, you will act as payroll manager for all three companies in the ETS group. All three businesses have grown organically in recent years and our headcount continues to grow. You will show a high degree of flexibility as the role develops and work proactively to define processes and controls over the coming months.
Reporting initially to the Finance Director, the purpose of your role is to own and manage the payroll across all three companies and ensure our colleagues are paid accurately and on time. You will act as a trusted colleague to rest of the finance and HR teams, based across Leeds and Witney, and work closely with colleagues across the company.
You will be responsible for integrating our payroll processes, which are currently different across all three companies. You will help steer us through the consolidation of payroll into one system and implement a single, streamlined payroll process across the group. Your excellent organisations skills will be key as we have differing terms and conditions, pay structures and working patterns in all three companies. In addition, we are continuing to grow.
You will be expected to integrate quickly and become a valued member of a highly effective team but also demonstrate your ability to work independently and deliver the task at hand.
The role is based in our Witney office (with plenty of onsite parking) and you will be working with teams across the country.
As our Payroll Manager, your duties will include:
- Processing and preparation of the monthly payroll for >300 colleagues ensuring payroll is processed accurately and appropriate deductions are correctly calculated
- Preparing monthly payroll reports for approval and leading the HR and Finance Directors through the approval process
- Loading the monthly payroll into the bank (ideally via BACS) and submit for approval
- Managing pension schemes, including both auto-enrolment and local government pension schemes (LGPS). Reconciling payments to pension providers and to payroll records
- Preparing and maintaining mileage records & reports for inclusion in payroll and to support VAT claims & CO2 calculations
- Processing, preparing and submitting HMRC declarations and returns
- Preparation of P11Ds, P45s and P60s
- Reconciling staff loans, advances, salary sacrifice schemes and any other deductions and ensuring these are recovered in a timely manner
- Managing the company’s Early Pay system
- Managing integration of payroll with core finance system, including recording all payroll related transactions
- Liaising with & supporting HR to ensure compliance with all regulations relating to pay are met, including salary sacrifice & impact on NMW
- Answering employee’s queries
In return, we are offering a salary of between £33,000 – £36,000 full time equivalent salary, The role is offered on a full-time basis, however we will consider part time (min 4 days) for the right candidate.
Benefits include salary sacrifice pension scheme, Benefits & Wellbeing Hub including monthly online retails discounts, electric/hybrid car leasing scheme, cycle and ebike scheme, eye care voucher scheme, Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme.
As an inclusive employer, we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have, and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff. We are proud that we provide a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected.
turn IT on is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
‘Happy to talk flexible working’.
‘Your data matters’
You may have experience of the following: Payroll and Benefits Manager, HR, Human Resources, Payroll, Finance Administration, Senior Payroll Officer, Compensation, Benefits, Legislation, Payroll Manager, Accountant, Payroll Management, Word, Excel, Outlook, Assistant Payroll Manager, Payroll Administrator, Payroll Clerk etc.