We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual with excellent customer service skills to join our busy team to support the delivery of a high-quality payroll Service to the Trust’s staff and its managers. We are an incredibly friendly and supportive team and would be glad to welcome a like-minded individual into our team.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for their own allocation of a section of the payroll.
You will be process orientated, able to prioritise and work calmly to organise your work allocation. You will be computer literate and proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Having a good eye for detail, you will be educated to NVQ level 3 or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
Good communication skills are essential, both verbally and in writing along with the ability to be able to convey detailed Terms and Conditions of service, and system related information and advice.
Main duties include:
- Supported by the Payroll Team Leader and Payroll Advisors, to be responsible for a small allocation of the Trust’s payroll.
- To work on specific tasks associated with the production of the Trust’s monthly payroll which includes, but is not limited to, the validation routines associated with the Healthroster Feeds.
- To work with the team to run, produce and validate the Trust’s monthly payroll, ensuring that payments are accurate and timely, and that T&Cs, policy and statutory legislation in relation to staff pay is complied with at all times.
- To support the Payroll Manager and Team Leaders in developing the team’s ESR and Pay Services section assistants.
- To provide a customer focused payroll service.
- To support and advise staff with payroll enquiries, via email, phone/MS Teams and post.
We are a friendly and caring team, providing a trust wide local payroll service. We each have our own allocations of work and work independently, but as a team we always have an open communication channel where any queries can be raised.
It would be good to have some payroll administration experience, ideally in an NHS setting, but don’t worry if you don’t have this, as full training and support will be given.
If this job sounds like something you would be interested in, please fill out an application form, as we would like to meet you.