This role has a starting salary of £34,356 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
We are looking to recruit a Specialist Payroll Officer to join our Payroll Team in our HR Operations Service within People and Change. The team is based in Weybridge, and we believe in making a difference through our commitment to efficiency, excellence, and exceptional customer service.
Rewards and Benefits:
- 26 days’ holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer’s leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
As a Specialist Payroll Officer, you’ll be at the forefront of addressing complex payroll scenarios, playing a crucial role in enhancing overall efficiency. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with stakeholders to resolve intricate payroll issues, offering expert guidance to ensure compliance with the latest payroll laws, regulations, and taxation. Conducting audits and reconciliations to verify accuracy, you’ll contribute to maintaining high standards. Providing prompt and professional guidance for complex payroll-related inquiries, your commitment to exceptional customer service will foster positive experiences. Collaborating with leadership and relevant departments, you’ll implement enhancements to drive efficiency and accuracy. Join us in identifying and sharing best practices, making a lasting impact on maximum efficiency and continuous process improvements.
We’re looking for someone with a positive outlook, excellent customer service skills, accountability, collaboration, and a commitment to learning and achieving potential. Your expertise will be the key to our success in delivering and improving our payroll operations!
So, if you’re ready to be the hero of our helpdesk team, bringing your passion and expertise to drive us forward, we would really love to hear from you. To apply, alongside your CV, you will be asked to answer the following questions and share some specific examples that help evidence your skills and experience:
- Payroll Expertise: Can you provide examples of your experience in handling complex payroll scenarios, including your approach to resolving intricate payroll issues and ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and taxation?
- Customer Service Expertise: Share instances from your customer service experience that would contribute to your success in delivering exceptional customer service as a Specialist Payroll Officer.
- Communication: Share instances where your communication efforts built strong internal and external relationships.
- Motivations for Applying: What motivates you to apply for this Specialist Payroll Officer position?
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18/02/2024 with interviews to follow.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.