About The Role
37 hours per week
Salary circa £60,000
Closing date: 21 March 2023
Interview Date: 30 March 2023
Hoople is a successful public sector owned company, based in Hereford with 650 employees. We provide a range of services to our shareholders as well as the private sector in areas such as HR, finance, training and IT. More recently we have expanded our offer to include building services and care provision.
The growth of the company means we now need to recruit to this new role to strengthen our commercial payroll function. You will lead all aspects of successfully on boarding new payroll clients from negotiating service specifications to making sure we have the right payroll skills and processes in house to provide excellent payroll services.
You will be a qualified payroll professional with a solid technical payroll background and experience of delivering payroll to external clients. Experience in influencing senior managers, driving forward improvements and project management skills are all essential. As a commercial organisation with public sector roots you must also be commercially minded and have polished stakeholder management skills.
In return we offer flexible working, employee benefits scheme, annual leave purchase and a development package which is tailored to you.
As well as our commercial emphasis, we are a people focused organisation and this is a great opportunity to take a lead and make a difference in a company with social values and a soul.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact: Audrey Clements, Chief Operating Officer [email protected] or Tracey Sampson, Director of HR &OD [email protected]
To apply please complete our online application form and submit a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4, as part of the application, setting out why you could be right for this role and why you want to join us. Please note generic applications not tailored to this role will not be accepted.
Hoople offer 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5yrs service (excluding bank holidays), pension and other benefits. We provide a flexible benefits scheme called Hoople Benefits which provides a range of discounts and offers.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
- Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must apply online for this vacancy.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: [email protected]
To provide excellent business support services to the public sector and those who work with them.
Creating and building trusted and sustainable relationships in order to deliver business critical services for our key customers.
- Passion for improvement – Continuous improvement to develop more effective ways of delivering services for our customers
- Customer focus – Satisfying our customers and helping them to support themselves
- Professional integrity – Bringing the best of our shared technical expertise and professional values to our work
- Mutual support – Whether one-to-one or in teams, we encourage and support each other to strive for excellent performance in all that we do
- Ambition – Our staff are committed to the success of our company in delivering effective services to organisations, communities and individuals