Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full time, 35 hours a week
Closing Date: 23:59 on Monday 27th July
Location: Birmingham (or anywhere if candidate can travel to Birmingham a couple times a week)
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist to play a pivotal role in continuing the exceptional progress we have made in aligning our core HR systems and providing a self-service offering to our colleagues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving and supportive workplace and is best suited for someone as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
Due to Covid-19, this is initially an agile role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Once we start to re-open our offices for staff, you must be able to travel to our Birmingham office at least once a week.
What you will do:
- Progress our pension provision
- Review and align all payroll processes and inform on best practices
- Be involved in supplier engagement
- Help build on the capability within the team in line with our People Agenda
- Work closely with our payroll team to provide leadership and coaching to develop succession planning within the team
What we need from you:
- Experience of payroll systems, ideally SAP SuccessFactors
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and developing others
- Be able to run a payroll end-to-end
- An in-depth knowledge of pension scheme rules and administration of schemes, including salary sacrifice
- Experience of end to end project management
- To be able to commute to our Birmingham office when required (travel is paid for)
Why we need a Senior Payroll Specialist:
This year we aim to support more than 70,000 young people through a range of proven programmes, with three in four achieving a positive outcome.
We have a bold ambition to extend the reach and impact of our work and help one million more young people transform their lives over the next ten years. Our job is to inspire them, support them and release their potential, so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We will focus on innovation, to ensure we adapt and remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. We owe it to ourselves and the young people we serve, to do the best work of our lives and to help give them an increasing stake in our economy and society. They are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
The Prince’s Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
We are committed to equality and believe in building a diverse organisation that is representative of and responsive to the needs of our young people and stakeholders.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 402