We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you – from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Who we are
Experienced, highly motivated professionals with strong analytic skills and organisational skills. The candidate will be client Our team provide outsourced payroll processing services for both domestic and expat clients on a monthly/weekly basis. Our current portfolio of clients is c700 payrolls processed by a team of 30 experienced and qualified payroll professionals.
Who are we looking for?
Experienced, highly motivated professionals with strong analytic and organisational skills. The candidate will be client facing and must have strong written and verbal communication skills. They will need to be driven and be passionate about providing a high level of service.
The role will involve dealing with a variety of clients and their queries around global processing of payroll. Working with the team to manage a global mailbox, dealing with a range of queries from our clients that are often urgent, so ability to work under pressure is a must. Liaising with our global network and technology team to ensure global payrolls are processed accurately and our technology is enhanced appropriately. Leading client meetings on a monthly basis to run through their global payroll KPIs, enhancement requests to our technology and any queries they may have.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive, curious and innovative mindset who can help to grow and develop this fast expanding part of the business.
About the role
Successful applicants will be responsible for their own client portfolio and managing the day to day activities of their client’s global payroll processes. Reporting into the payroll manager duties will include:
- Ensure day to day and adhoc queries in our global payroll mailbox are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner
- Delivering solutions to issues raised by our network and clients, taking full ownership and liaising with your peers including the Technology team to ensure resolution of the issue.
- Preparation and initial review of deliverables, where required.
- Work with the PwC global network to ensure timely delivery of all information required to support set up and operation of multi-territory services, flagging any issues to the Operations lead.
- Lead relationship and calls with clients to review performance of the contract, update on delivery of service, progress of any out of scope services and agree processes to onboard new locations and changes to existing payrolls.
- Lead smaller client implementations with minimal Manager involvement
- Participate in new payroll opportunities and RFPs.
- Become proficient in the use of the Global Payroll Platform (GPP) including new entity set up
- Lead training and provide demos to clients/the network on use of GPP
- Manage and train junior team members
- Liaison with our GPP Team based in Mauritius including; weekly calls to feedback on issues encountered, working together to develop solutions for our clients and future enhancements to GPP
● Be a key member of the team to ensuring all deadlines are met within the agreed SLAs
● A proactive approach, open to change and developing new ways of working
● Work as part of a team
● Build and maintain relationships with clients and our global network
● Timely, efficient communication should be a priority
● Involvement in BD projects and proposals
● Ensure best practice is at the forefront and excellent client satisfaction is achieved
● Providing support to peers and management
What is in it for you?
This is a fast paced, challenging environment which can provide you with a rewarding and stimulating career. You will work with well known, global clients and receive both technical and softer skills training to assist with your continual personal and professional development.
Where will you be based?
Home office will be either Birmingham or Belfast.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years background experience in a payroll function
- Experience of working in a client facing environment
- Excellent end to end payroll knowledge
- Preferably CIPP qualified
- Strong Google Suite skills
- Experience of working in a client facing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Able to manage the demands of numerous tasks
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Diplomatic when faced with issues
- Attention to detail
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.