339488 – Payroll Supervisor
We offer great flexible working opportunities, and have offices in Belfast, Cardiff or York. Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not overseas. Travel across the UK will be required on an occasional basis, possibly with overnight stays.
Are you a Payroll professional looking for an exciting role in an organisation that makes a difference to everyone?
Does the chance to work contractually from home or part office / part home appeal?
We are looking for someone to join the Food Standards Agency (FSA) as our new Payroll Supervisor.
The FSA is a non-ministerial department of over 1700 people. We play a critical role in protecting public health and consumers’ wider interests in food across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our vision is an important one – to drive change, delivering “food you can trust” and working towards a healthier and more sustainable food system.
We have a small payroll team who ensure all our staff get paid on time and accurately on a monthly basis, process ad hoc payments as well as making payments to pension providers in line with employer and employee contributions. We also ensure the FSA payroll is in line with HMRC rules and regulations and submit Tax and National Insurance contributions as part of the monthly payroll. Our work contributes directly to ensuring our colleagues feel valued and engaged.
The FSA is growing, and we have just transitioned to a new payroll system (Workday), so we need a dedicated payroll professional to help us manage the monthly routine of making payroll happen.
We are looking for candidates with knowledge of payroll but also with the ability to look at different ways of working and contribute with new ideas and solutions to problems. An eye for detail is key to ensure we pay people correctly. It’s also vital that you are happy to embrace change and are flexible when taking on work.
- Hold CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate (min) or above
• prepared to commence qualification within 6 months of joining the FSA
- Lead criteria: Experience in, and in-depth knowledge of, payroll systems (e.g. Oracle, Workday, IHR etc), tax and related regulatory frameworks.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail, able to effectively prioritise workload to meet challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a team – supporting others and working flexibly to achieve common goals.
- Experience of working collaboratively and developing effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Teams and Excel (or equivalent software packages).
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
Advert closes: 22 February 2024
Sift: Expected to take place during week commencing 26 February 2024
Final panel interview: Expected to take place 6-7 March 2024